Thursday, May 19, 2011

Healthy SNACK * Protein PACKED

Unfortunately, I cannot take any credit for this amazing snack. I am doing my "simple" tone it up diet, and have been having troubles finding an afternoon snack. Mostly because I'm not a veggies person. I'm not suppose to have starch so this does go a little off of that, but I figured 1 TBL can't hurt anything!

Now, I'm not going to post the actual recipe, but this is where to find this amazing protein muffin.

I did make a FEW minor adjustments. I did use the applesauce instead of the pumpkin, because lets face it, there is no way I keep that stuff on hand. I also ended up using 1 TBL of mini chocolate chips because I didn't have the cocoa powder on hand. You could honestly get away with only 1 TSP if you aren't a huge chocolate person. Although, who isn't??

Anyway, this was seriously food-gasmic (borrowed this amazing word from fitnessista.com) mostly because it totally works here.

I did of course top it. There are a ton of different ways to top it. I chose almond butter because I LOVE it! You could also use agave syrup or pure maple syrup. I used a full serving of almond butter, but again you could probably get away with only 1 TBL to lower the calories. (which I will be doing next time for sure)

Without further ado, here is the picture. Mind you I made this in a cereal bowl and then put it on a plate. This was HUGE! Much bigger then I was expecting. PLUS very filling. I could have honestly been fine with only eating half. I even shared some with Madisyn and you all know how I like to share food ;)
Not the best picture, but DEEELISH! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment