Saturday, July 24, 2010

Getting out of the Pit



So, as many of you know I have been working on the bible study "Get out of the Pit" by Beth Moore. I have been having a really hard time with the whole trusting of God things due to things that have been happening to me.
These past few days we have had some good friends staying with us. They are amazing Godly people who are always there for you when you need them! She will bring up how God has been working in their lives, or tell me about some verse's she just read. She is such an encouragement to me! So,tonight I decided to get back to my study and the last verse I read was this.

In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kids of trials. These have come so that you faith - of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire - may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.
1 Peter 1:6-7

WOW!! Talk about an eye opener! We all go through things that - to be blunt- completely suck. We need to just remember God puts us through these things so that our faith will be brought back to HIM! He doesn't want us to suffer, he wants us to go to him in prayer and renew our faith in him!
This was an amazing study to read tonight! I highly recommend any of Beth Moores studies!!! She is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment