The recipe for this week is Turkey Burgers!! As most of you know, Jeff and I are competing in the biggest loser RBC style. We have been finding some really amazing healthy recipes!!!
This week, I found a recipe on www.dietsinreview.com/recipes and was a little hesitant to make it!!! I finally gave it a try tonight. It tricks you at first, because when making them its very gooey. We cooked it on the grill, but first laid down tin foil. After flipping them once all the good crust came off, so after both sides cooked we put it on the grill to let it crisp up a little. We used 2 pieces of Sara Lee 45 calorie bread, so it was a very "cheap" recipe as far as calories go.
For our side we did spaghetti squash from our garden! FABULOUS! If you have never tried this I highly recommend it! We cut ours length wise and baked them on 375 for about and hour. I seasoned it with garlic and onion powder along with paprika!
We also had a cucumber and tomato salad. Jeff and I are not tomato fans but the kids love them!! So, we made that for the kids and we just ate the cucumber! :)
Okay, on to the recipe!
Actually Delicious Turkey Burgers
Enjoy the grill in a leaner way by cooking with turkey.
Nutrition Facts: 208 Calories, 11g Fat, 84mg Cholesterol, 308mg Sodium, 2g Carbs, .3g Fiber, .3g Sugar, 21g Protein
Yield: 12 burgers
* 3 lbs. ground turkey
* 1/4 C. seasoned bread crumbs
* 1/4 C. finely diced onion
* 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
* 1/4 C. chopped fresh parsley
* 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
* 1 tsp. salt
* 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1. In a large bowl, mix ground turkey, seasoned bread crumbs, onion, egg whites, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper
2. Form into 12 patties
3. Cook the patties on the grill, or in a medium skillet over medium heat, turning once, to an internal temperature of 180 degrees F.
* We only used 1 pound of Turkey and cut everything else in half. Next time I will make the full amount and freeze half! :) Also, the kids LOVED this!