Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
- 2 heaping tsp of mined garlic
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion
- 2 -3 chicken breasts (about 5oz each)
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire roasted tomatoes with liquid (if you don't like chunks throw this in a food processor and puree.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can pinto, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can Kidney beans, drained and rinsed(totally could get away with 1/2 a can)
- ¼ cup reduced fat cheddar cheese for garnish (optional)
Combine all the above ingredients in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 8 hours or high for 3-4 hours in a 4-6 quart slow cooker. When soup is almost ready pull out chicken and shred. It should shred easily and then put it back in with the soup. Spoon into bowls and garnish with a little cheddar cheese and diced onion, if desired.
Note: My chicken was frozen when going in the slow cooker. If you already have cooked chicken, just add it about an hour before the end of cooking time.
I adapted this recipe from HERE. Feel free to check it out.
Of course we paired ours with some amazing corn bread, but I highly recommend making some cinnamon rolls to go along with this. Yes, I am one of those who loves cinnamon rolls with chili. <3 br="br">3>
***What is your favorite soup for cold days***