Monday, June 11, 2012

English Muffin Bread

Another recipe I wanted to try this week was an English muffin bread recipe I had found.  While I love English muffins, especially with peanut butter, I was a little nervous to make these puppies.  The recipe I followed was enough for FOUR loaves.  I cut it in half for 2.  I also used a combo of white whole wheat flour and regular bread flour.  I bought the WW a while back thinking I would use it, but really don't.  I'm not a fan of the taste as much as my kids are.  So I have about 5 pounds left then can't say I will ever buy it again. 

So how did they turn out?  They look good.  I ended up doing the dough in my bread machine. No, I'm not lazy I'm pregnant and why not?!  :)  Anyway, they really are VERY sticky.  I had a hard time digging it all out of the machine then getting it to stay in the pan and not on my hands.

I haven't tried them yet as they are cooling.  I'm hoping for breakfast the kiddo's will gobble up a piece with their raspberry sauce and a German mini pancake. Me? I will be smothering mine in either peanut butter or almond butter.  The hubs thinks once I have this baby I will not even be able to look at peanut butter. We will see. 

Will definitely update on the taste!

Here is a picture also taken from onegoodthingbyjillee because my camera is broke. :(

 I will leave you with that yummy looking thing!  For the recipe go HERE.  While you are there take a look around because she seriously has some fabulous recipes on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment