Monday, June 4, 2012

Meal Planning/Trying New Things

So I feel like all I post is our menu plan.  I do have a few challenges in mind however, can't do them until AFTER babe is born.  So if you have any that I can do before then let me know!

Monday: Grilled Chicken, Corn on Cob, fruit

Tuesday: Leftovers: I have some left overs in the fridge. Tball games!

Wednesday: Calzones (from freezer) Softball game!

Thursday: Sushi (Yes, I'm trying my hand at making CA rolls... any advice is GREATLY appreciated!)

Friday: Spaghetti - Homemade bread sticks

Saturday: Left overs/Eat Out

Sunday: Chef's Choice (which really means whatever I can get my hubs to cook, because I'm not doing it!)

*****

A cool thing I AM doing this week is having a freezer cooking party through wild-tree.   If you hadn't noticed our menu is a bit easy/cheap looking. Well, that is because I bought enough meat for about 10 meals that ALL contain meat! I will be honest, I'm going to try and stretch that meat into 15 or more meals.  Our kids aren't HUGE meat fans, plus we only ever use about 1/2 of the recommended amount anyway!  So I tried to make this week's budget stretch by using up some stuff we already had.

Have you even done a freezer cooking party? There will be about 9 of us doing this! Should be fun AND we will have 15 meals to go ready in our freezer for the last 2 weeks of pregnancy PLUS for after babe comes. :)  VERY EXCITED!

No comments:

Post a Comment