Sunday, February 26, 2012

What are we going to eat!?!?!

Remember me talking about taking the 10 day "real food" challenge? I know some of you are asking. What on earth will you eat? What will your kids eat?  These are good questions, I suggest checking out her blog and reading through her 100 days.

I will admit I may cheat a tad. No, not like that.  I will NOT be cheating as much as I can help it as far as the food part goes however, no one said anything about the planning part. :D  She has 2 meal plans (free) that outline  Breakfast, Lunch, Snack, and Dinner for 14 FULL days.  So basically you have 14 days to pick and choose from.  One thing I am honestly excited to try are the vegetable burgers.  Made completely from Veggies!  While this is not on her meal plan, it was one of the meals that she made while on the 100 day challenge.

I will write up a plan for our first few days and post for all of you to see.  It may not be exactly as she has outlined, but very similar. We will be making changes as far as fish (YUCK) and meat go.  Mostly because my family is not a fish lovin' family and finding local meat around here is pretty non-existent.  If I am wrong on that PLEASE let me know!

I have already tested out a few of the recipes and am thrilled that the her granola/cereal recipe will be a huge snack/breakfast substitute in our house. Now if I can only keep up with making it!  The great thing about these recipes is that they are totally flexible.  If you don't have an ingredient, omit it, it will not make or break any recipe.

The main thing is learning what foods you should and should not consume because they are highly processed.  The 5 ingredient thing will definitely be a shocker.  Just tonight at the store, I picked up a few different items and was shocked at the amount of ingredients in them.  Luckily, I'm pregnant so the pop thing isn't an issue. The chocolate thing however, may be a bit harder. I'm a chocolate NUT!  So we shall see! :)  My kids are condiment nuts, so omitting ketchup, bbq sauce, and mayo may be a shocker for them at first.  But again, it's only 10 days.

Like I said I'm pregnant, but that will not keep me from following this.  I don't see how eating "real food" would in anyway be bad.  Granted, I'm not a doctor so don't quote that.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment