Monday, February 4, 2013

Mixes Part 1

So my Pinterest idea's for last week and this week were to make the homemade pancake/waffle mix along with the cream of something soup mix.

The first one I worked on was the Cream of Something soup.  This is like the Condensed Cream of Mushroom, chicken, celery, ect.  Only it is a dry mix that, when you need some cream of for a recipe you just add water.  Living in this tiny village this version is MUCH less expensive then buying a $1.99 can of shurfine cream of something.  PLUS, it's a lot healthier and I know exactly what is in it. 

Recipe adapted from HERE:

Cream of "whatever" soup recipe
1 cup non-fat dried milk
3/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup bouillon (if you have cubes you have to smash them up)(I used Wildtree's Chicken Bouillon)
  You can use whatever kind you like (ie, beef, veggie)
4 Tablespoons minced onions
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon pepper
(For the equivalent of one can of condensed cream soup, mix 1/3 cup dry mix with 1 1/4 cup water. Cook until thick)




Here is my container.  As you can see I just taped the recipe right on top. Another hint I got from the lady I adapted this from.  It's perfect because when I need my cream of soup, I can just look right on here for the recipe to make it, instead of searching through my recipe box.  Because let's face it, who is going to search when they need it?  I don't, and if I do I can't find it!  

Let me know if you give this a try! I have it all made up, but have yet to use it.  I am making a chicken recipe later this week that calls for some, so we shall see.


WHAT NEW HOMEMADE RECIPES HAVE YOU TRIED LATELY?! ANY FUN PINTEREST INSPIRED IDEAS?

No comments:

Post a Comment