Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Mixes Part 2

Last time I talked a little about the pancake mix I made.  My kiddo's absolutely love pancakes and waffles.  I was spending a lot of Bisquick or making my own not so yummy homemade versions.  With this recipe I think we have finally found a keeper.  Inexpensive and easy to make large batches for those "oops we are out of milk" moments.

The website I adapted this from is FULL of mix ideas.  This lady has mixes from biscuits to tortilla's.  Any sort of mix you could dream up and she has it.  She is amazing.


PERFECT PANCAKE MIX
adapted from HERE

Perfect Pancake Mix

8 C. Unbleached flour
2 C. Nonfat dry milk powder
1/2 C. sugar
3 Tbsp. baking powder
1 1/2 Tbsp. baking soda
  1tsp. salt

In a large bowl, whisk all ingredients together.  Store in large airtight container.







When you are done mixing them together find a large container to store it in.  I used a container I used for my bread flour.  It's a lock in lock so it is airtight.  I went ahead and taped the recipe on the outside of this one as well.  I have the directions for pancakes and waffles on there too.  I did not realize until very recently that pancakes and waffles are not the same recipe.  Who knew.  Now I know why my pancaked always turn out horrible!

Lets say my kids and husband are much happier now that I have that figured out. 




Simple as that.  I could not believe how easy these mixes are to make and have on hand! They used a few of the same ingredients so while it may have been costly to make initially, I think once I start making them more often that cost will go down.  I didn't realize the dried milk was so expensive.  Seriously!

WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN INSPIRED TO MAKE LATELY?!

No comments:

Post a Comment