Friday, April 20, 2012

Menu Planning for 22-28th

Hello again!  It's only been a few days since I posted last.  How proud of me are you.  Anyway.

Here is what we are planning for our first 7 days of this challenge. I hope to update you a couple times a week to let you know how we are doing. Also if you have any easy fun recipes or snack ideas then pass them my way.
 
Sunday:
 Lunch: Pot Luck at church
Supper: Rest of the left-overs from last week

Monday:
Lunch: French toast bake with watermelon
Supper:  Egg Salad Sandwiches (for me and the kids, Jeff-leftovers)

Tuesday:
Lunch: BBQ Beef Sandwiches (Freezer meal)
Supper: Stuffed Taco Shells (The recipe I found makes 2 batches, 1 for supper and 1 for the freezer)

Wednesday:
Lunch: Leftover Taco Shells
Supper: Chimichanga's with Rice

Thursday:
Lunch: Leftover Chimi's
Supper: Crispy Chicken w/Bow-tie pasta

Friday:
Lunch: L.O. Chicken
Supper: Homemade Pizza with Cheesy bread-sticks

Saturday:
*Clean out the fridge day* any and all leftovers*  (if there aren't any we will do pancakes)

Snacks: Yes, the kids MUST have snacks. So here we go, we will be doing homemade fruit roll-ups, homemade wheat thins, and mozzarella bites
I also plan on trying this cobbler  one day.

How do I plan of making this all happen without cooking everyday.  Oh friends, how you doubt my awesome abilities. :)

Sunday is officially going to be my day of cooking/getting ready for the week day.  I usually do all of my grocery shopping this day anyway, so why not add in a few hours of prep as well.

TO DO SUNDAY:
Brown 3lbs of Hamburger (2lbs for taco shells, 1lb for chimi's) 
Boil Eggs
Make Wheat thins/fruit roll ups 

This week seems fairly easy for food prep. I did a lot of leftover lunches so hopefully that will take care of cooking twice a day!  Also some of these are new recipes so we will see!


No comments:

Post a Comment