Friday, August 20, 2010

HEALTHY PIZZA

Alright guys. In my quest to eat healthier and save money I have decided to start making my own pizza's, bread, and basically anything that I can make from scratch!

My most recent attempt was a homemade pizza. Now this one was more of a trial run. I recently received a bread machine (Thanks Mom!) and have been experimenting with different doughs and breads.

Last night we made whole wheat dough, then we made yummy pizza! We used a different type of sauce. Instead of pizza sauce we used a combination of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Italian seasoning, and garlic! We then topped it with everyone's favorites including, red onions, green bell peppers, pepperoni, Canadian bacon, mushrooms, and cheese!!!!



We put the toppings on, then covered it with cheese. This did a fabulous job hiding all the extra "goodies" we put on that the kids normally would not eat! :)



Then the kids decided our pizza needed a face! :) Turned out nicely using peppers for the mouth, onions for the eyes, and of course mushrooms for the ears! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment