Tuesday, November 30, 2010

KIKU

As promised more on our trip to Illinois. Now, being from a small, okay tiny, town we have yet to experience a Japanese restaurant. We had the pleasure of going to Kiku's in Naperville, Ill. This was quite the experience to say the least. The big fire at the beginning scared the crap out of my 2 year old, but she was also freakishly good at using chopsticks.

We all ordered basically the same thing we had chicken/salmon and our friends had chicken/steak. The kiddo's all had Pirates chicken. They all loved it. They soaked in every minute! They watched very intently and I have to admit that it was the best my kids had eaten for a LONG time. We decided whenever we wanted them to eat, we would start letting them help us cook. Which I realize we should usually let them help in someway, but I do NOT like messes so it had always been hard for me to let them help. I am getting better though!

All in all it was a fantastic experience and I will definitely be trying that again! :)
M was seriously amazing at using her chopsticks!

J had a hard time at first, but once he got the kid ones he rocked them! :)

1 comment:

  1. The kids ate Ninja chicken, not pirate chicken. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete