Monday, November 29, 2010

Recipe of the Week

Healthy Chicken PotPie
This is a recipe I found a few years ago when I was doing weight watchers. It is an awesome alternative to the normal fat packed food. This is a perfect comfort food! I had actually forgotten about how delicious this was until yesterday. I cooked this for lunch and new right away that this would be my recipe of the week!

Ingredients

  • 1 cup reduced fat Bisquick ( I use the one in the white box the Heart smart one)
  • 1/2 cup skim milk
  • 1/4 cup egg substitute
  • 2 cups frozen mixed veggies, thawed (any style)
  • 2 cups boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and chopped
  • 2 cans Campbell's fat- free cream of mushroom ( I used 1 can of the mushroom and 1 can of the chicken)
  • Cooking spray

Instructions

  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
  • Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with Pam
  • Mix together vegetables, chicken and soup
  • Pour into prepared pan
  • In another bowl, mix Bisquick, milk and egg
  • Pour dough mix over the top of chicken mixture
  • Bake for about 30 minutes or until crust is golden


No comments:

Post a Comment