Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Recipe of the week and my first attempt at homemade bread


Alright. The LONG awaited recipe for the pizzafied chicken.

1/4c. crushed tomatoes
1 stick light string cheese
5ounces boneless skinless cx breast
1/4c. each bell peppers and mushrooms
2 TBLS diced onion
4 slices turkey pepperoni chopped
garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper for seasonings

Preheat broiler.
Pound the chicken until it is uniformly 1/2 inch thick. season. Bring an oven-safe skillet sprayed with Pam to medium heat on the stove. Add peppers, mushrooms, and onion and cook until soft. 4-6 minutes. Remove and set aside.

Respray skillet and add chicken. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side. (until cooked through)

Top chicken with tomatoes, string cheese(chopped) veggies, and turkey pepperoni.

Place skillet until the broiler for a few minutes until cheese is soft and pepperoni is crisp.

**DISCLAIMER: I realize it looks DISGUSTING, however it is the best chicken recipe I have found in a LONG time. Plus it's healthy so how can you go wrong?!


Next up, my very first EVER loaf of bread!!!!!! Now, I have used my beloved bread machine several times to make dough. I have never make a loaf of bread. Here is my perfectly browned and VERY YUMMY smelling bread. You know how Rachael Ray says we need smellevision I think we need smellibloggin', :) okay, so that didn't really make sense, but you get how good it smells!

No comments:

Post a Comment